[PLUG-TALK] Open source hardware?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 13 19:58:11 UTC 2018

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018, Michael Dexter wrote:

> I'm pretty happy with paper by mail. Would take a sing orchestrated attack
> which would be easier to detect by a whistle blower.

Michael,

   I'm working with the Chief of Staff for my state senator to prepare
legislation for next year's session on implementing ranked choice voting.
The draft will go to legislative counsel by the end of September for
formatting as a proper legislative bill. At minimum there will be a hearing
-- with public testimony -- by the Senate Rules Committee. Whether more can
be accomplished next session remains to be determined. One of the
requirements for the system is that the software used to count votes and do
the instant run-offs be open source.

> Shame this is an issue.

   Very true. Which supports doing some things to make voting security as
much of a non-issue as possible.

Best regards,