[PLUG-TALK] The Yoda ... Donald Knuth

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Dec 18 20:25:01 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 04:14:15PM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   A most fascinating story about Donald Knuth
> <https://tinyurl.com/y8zpv7sc>. Most of us who are not full-time programmers are
> indebted to him for TeX.

At a conference years ago, Donald Knuth borrowed my laptop.
I suppose I should donate its keyboard to a charity auction
someday (I still use the machine). :-)

Knuth is one of my favorite "nerd Christians" (the
intelligent non-confrontational kind).  Besides many CS
theory books, he wrote "3:16", a stratigraphic sampling
of all the 3:16 verses in the Christian bible, each one
illustrated with spectacular calligraphy by his world-
class calligrapher friends.  A beautiful art book; I
keep it next to Terry Pratchett's "The Art of Discworld".

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com