[PLUG-TALK] Any decent banks without third party trackers?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 21 14:33:07 UTC 2018

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> No need to call them, I will do that myself. They need to know why I am
> looking at them, in case I am not alone - that is when it would actually
> mean something.

Tomas,

   OK. My banker has been exceptionally helpful over the years, including the
time my check printing company changed owners and a long-time employee made
his own copy of my checks (but got many details wrong) and cashed two of
them on my account. Key Bank's fraud department questioned the checks, my
banker called me, and when I immediately went to the branch I confirmed the
fraud. The bank provided a new account number, box of checks, and deposit
stamp at no cost to me. (Mine wasn't the only company he defrauded and the
Gresham police/Multnomah County DA prosecuted him.) It's been decades since
I had such great service from a bank and banker.

> What's Ghostery saying about blocked trackers when you are logged-in?

   I used to see a box with the list of blocked trackers. With the current,
and past couple of versions, I found a switch that does not display the
information. As long as they're blocked I've no interest in who's looking.

Regards,