[PLUG-TALK] Any decent banks without third party trackers?

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 00:22:46 UTC 2018

Thanks Rich,

I was genuinely looking for suggestion for a bank not letting other
companies to embed their data collection code into their internet banking
application.

First Tech was not doing it until recently. Currently, European banks
aren't doing it when you login. So, I did not think that it is prevalent.

For me, this email list is not a place to get philosophical about politics.
I enjoy it for technical stuff.

Thanks to everyone again, I will stay on practical side of things.

On Jan 22, 2018 3:30 PM, "Rich Shepard" <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

Here is my takeaway:
> * No suggestions of a bank which would not talk about their customer to
> unrelated third parties.

Tomas,

  What information about you has you concerned?

  Why would a bank share your financial information with third parties only
if your transactions are made on-line via their web site?

* In general people seems to be content with this behavior from the
> financial institutions.

  Don't banks share information with other financial institutions even if a
customer has no web account? What would you suggest be done?

* In general, people do not expect banking to be private. As per - banks
> should not even suggest that they manage anyone's account, not to mention
> what, how and when people use them.

  It would be nice, but not realistic. When insurance companies use credit
scores to calculate premiums, and banks (and other financial institutions)
checks credit scores so they can send marketing materials to prospective
loan customers, there's not much any of us can do other than put cash
between the mattresses or bury it in the back yard.

* People I have talked outside this list - have no idea and interest what
> is going on in respect to their privacy.

  Heh! Look at how people share everything about their lives, including
their location and travels using their phones.