[PLUG-TALK] LED flashlight repair?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 30 15:29:32 UTC 2018

   Has anyone replaced the guts of a LED flashlight? I have a nice one that
worked very well for several years but now it varies among not turning on,
having a dim light (which soon goes off), or flickering. If possible I'd
like to fix it.

   Did the normal trouble-shooting: freshly charged UltraFire battery,
terminals at both ends clean, bright, and shiny.

   A web search suggests these are not reparible, or are only by
professionals. That would probably cost more than a replacement light. But I
do dislike having to recycle this heavy, moderately-long (6.5") tool.

   All thoughts and suggestions welcome.