[PLUG-TALK] Cable Coiling Trick

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Jun 11 19:14:54 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 04:12:28PM -0700, Dick Steffens wrote:
> But here's an interesting tip on how to make cables behave.
> http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/making-usb-cables-behave-68243?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=06-10-18#post112933

Professionals have a simpler way.  Hard to describe,
but I call it "one loop over, tuck next loop under
the previous loop" which takes the twist and stretch
out of wrapping a straight cord into a coil.  Pre-
curling the cord with heat means it no longer
deploys flat when stretched.

Given my "discription", and a little experimentation,
you can discover the method yourself.  Or you can go
to an event during setup or teardown and watch the
AV professionals do it.

The best way to make cords lie flat is to use short
cords.  PCHcables in Hillsboro has a vast selection
of many kinds of computer cords in many lengths.

https://www.pchcables.com/

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com