[PLUG-TALK] Hardware tinkerers: HP 2550C available for free

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 4 14:47:57 UTC 2018

   I'm replacing my HP 2550C color laser printer. It quit printing color when
I replaced the yellow (and black) toner cartridges; now prints only black. I
suspect it's because the cartridges don't have the HP secret code that lets
them work. But, I really have no idea why it stopped working. The image drum
was replaced when I bought it used and it has probably fewer than 100 copies
made over the years. I just don't do much color printing (except for maps
specific to projects) and I'm tired of the high HP costs (unlike the LJ5).

   If someone wants to futz with it the printer and all toner cartridges are
being given away. If no one here wants it I'll haul it down to Freek Geek.
Contact me off the mail list if you want it and we'll make arrangements for
you to collect it.