[PLUG-TALK] Chicago, Ikea faucets

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Sep 12 21:45:41 PDT 2018

On 09/12/2018 06:35 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2018, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
>> The Ikea website shows nice single handle faucets, which appear to 
>> connect
>> through a single hole in the sink, rather than the common US arrangement
>> with two valve holes. I suppose I could change the sinks, or just 
>> plug the
>> extra holes.
> Keith,
>   You can buy hole plates that bolt in place to cover unused sink 
> holes. I
> did this when I put a new single-hole faucet on the kitchen sink a 
> bunch of
> years ago and covered the hole that used to be for the sprayer head/hose.
>   I imagine they work for bathroom sinks, too.

Two other alternatives are sprayer nozzles or liquid soap dispensers. 
Our single lever kitchen faucet came with a sprayer nozzle in the base, 
so we added a liquid soap pump to fill the other hole.


Dick Steffens

More information about the PLUG-talk mailing list