[PLUG-TALK] Motherboard 'm2 installation'

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 15 15:20:06 UTC 2018

   Getting ready to install the Asus Prime X470-Pro motherboard in the case.
The instructions tell me to install it with nine screws, but the board did
not come with spacers. Interesting. I need to go to Fry's this morning so
I'll buy some there.

   There are two m2 (2mm) standoffs and screws in a little packet. I've no
idea what they do. The two manual pages with installation pictures are
available here (for five days):
<http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g7c68d702bbb376a110001137496b1104b0ea30bed7>
and I'd appreciate you hardware folks educating me on what they are supposed
to do and who would need whatever it is installed.

   I suppose that Asus finds it more efficient to provide pictures rather
than text for each of the languages in which the PDF version of the user
guide is available. For those of us non-professionals words would be much
more helpful.