[PLUG-TALK] TelCo bills

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue Apr 30 18:48:36 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-30 05:46, Rich Shepard wrote:
<snip>
> Would VOIP support fax as well as voice? I have a separate fax number
> and a
> splitter that detects the different ring tones and sends incoming
> communications to the proper device. I assume outgoing calls/faxes just
> pass
> through the splitter to the copper wire pair.

VoIP is *supposed* to support analog FAX, but it's a crapshoot,
especially for outbound calls.  It's hard to make it work well so many
providers just don't bother.  Usually folks just switch to an eFAX
service of some kind, which receives FAXes for you and forwards them as
PDFs via email.

I've used CallCentric before, and they offer FAX reception.  I hear
voip.ms has dedicated FAX numbers.