[PLUG-TALK] Android phone question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 27 17:45:09 UTC 2019

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019, Russell Johnson wrote:

> Don't most modern cell phones support VoIP over WIFI natively now? I know
> my iPhone has since iOS 10 at least, with my iPhone 7. On my phone, I just
> have to turn on 'Calling over WiFi'.

Russ,

I've no idea. My Kyocera and Treos didn't as far as I know. My Nokia has a
WiFi setting which I assumed was for Web access. The only docs I find are
for the Nokia 6.1 and not the 6.1 Plus; they have different case sizes (by a
few millimeters) and perhaps other differences. The doc I have doesn't have
information on using the WiFi capabilites for voice. But, I'll look further.

Regards,