[PLUG-TALK] Android phone question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 28 12:40:36 UTC 2019

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019, Rigel Hope wrote:

> this was basically my issue, and why i think it's an internal
> switching/radio thing. have you tried force-downgrading to 3g or 2g
> (assuming you have the option somewhere - the oneplus used a cyanogen
> variant so there were lots of options that might not be on less-niche
> phones) and making calls? because that is what i typically had to do if i
> wanted to actually connect a call while in the Zone of Difficulty.

Rigel,

That's interesting. I've not seen any option in the Settings -> Networks &
Internet that appeared to control the service level. There are three settings,
use of wifi, roaming, and service which I suspect would allow me to use VoIP
while here. This radio issue has occurred externally at only one other
building: a local library branch (and infrequently, too).

Most of the time the business landline phone is used for both incoming and
outgoing calls so I might just as well live with the situation because while
it's annoying it's not sufficiently disruptive.

My use of mobile phones are for voice calls and infrequent text messages. I
have cameras, radios, and desktop/laptop computers so I don't live on my
phone or care about music, video, etc. Perhaps one day I'll spend more for a
newer equivalent of the 6.1 Plus if it has a better radio.

Thanks for the insights.

Regards,