[PLUG-TALK] External hard drive adapter

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 24 20:38:17 UTC 2019

On Tue, 24 Dec 2019, Russell Senior wrote:

> In drive-adapter-1.jpg, I can faintly see a circular hole to the right of
> where the usb cable attaches to the enclosure. Is that a place to connect
> a power supply? Can you feel the drive spin up when you plug in the USB
> connector?

Russell,

I had seen that but there were neither instructions about the appropriate
power supply nor a power supply. The drive does not spin when only the data
plug is connected. But, the tiny red and blue lights on the surface do light
when the connector is attached leading me to think it was powered through
the USB cable.

Are there general guidelines for the voltage/amperage of power needs of
adapters like this one? This should have been my original question; i.e.,
what would be an appropriate power supply for this connector.

Regards,