[PLUG-TALK] Extract 2.5" SSD from 3.5" case

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 31 01:07:09 UTC 2019

I purchased an ADATA SU800 256G SSD through Newegg. It's listed as a 2.5"
drive (including on the box) which is what I need to replace the original
140G HDD in the ThinkPad X200.

The box contains a 3.5" plastic case which is fine for mounting in a desktop
3.5" drive bay, but not for mounting in a laptop's 2.5" drive bay.

I see no screw holes in the case and a lable covers the entire side warning
that the warrantee is void if removed.

Do I need to return this for a naked 2.5" drive or is there a way to extract
it (in working condition) from the larger case?