[PLUG-TALK] Mobile phone SIM card question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 14 16:26:34 UTC 2019

On Tue, 14 May 2019, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> If your phone is "unlocked" and supports the frequency bands for your
> operator, then any active sim card will work in the phone - and it will
> get you connected to sim' network.

Thanks, Tomas.

Since I just paid a month's fee to our current MVNO I'll wait until the end
of this month to switch to the new one (Red Pocket Mobile.) Red Pocket
provides access to AT&T/T-Mobile (GSM) and Verizon/Sprint (CDMA). They sell
separate GSMA (for AT&T) and GSMT (for T-Mobile); perhaps each supports
different frequency bands.

Moving from Verizon Wireless caused me to learn more about mobile phones
than the miniscule I knew before then. Still, my knowledge is only slightly
greater as I learn what I must to make better informed decisions and try to
resolve the irritating quirks of the iPhone6 we have.

Regards,