[PLUG-TALK] Back up iPhone to linux laptop

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 24 21:58:21 UTC 2019

On Fri, 24 May 2019, Dick Steffens wrote:

> It's a matter of which terms you choose. You were more precise in your
> wording. I was more general. That may have made a difference.

Dick,

That's true. I always try to make my search terms highly specific with the
expectation that is more likely to find what I seek. Oh, well.

Entering "linux: iphone6" the first hit was a web site on how to connect
iPhones and iPads to various linux flavors. Not Slackware, of course. This
lead me to look on SBo where I found the ifuse package.

I'll install that on the Sony Laptop and look for specific use instructions.
Since this library allows connection and communication between linux hosts
and iP* to transfer data it should do the job.

Thanks for the search term suggestion,