[PLUG-TALK] Wireless external security camera

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 22 22:27:23 UTC 2019

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019, Drew G. Wallace wrote:

> Was the intent to be fully wireless with a battery at the camera or to
> still provide power? From personal experience cabling a low voltage PoE
> run can be less challenging an obstacle than a 120V recepticle with 12V
> wall-wart somewhere in the near area.

Drew,

My interest is in battery powered; no holes in the exterior wall.

Given the information I've accumulated I think that I'll configure ways to
use my trail cameras (I have locked cables for them so I can tie them to the
porch railing.) Then I can periodically replace batteries and SDmicro cards
and copy the stored images on a hard drive.

Thanks for you insights,