[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] IP Tracking

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 24 05:49:42 PDT 2019

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019, Ben Koenig wrote:

> Your entire world is governed by technology, and yet you act like there's
> no reason for you to get involved. Its selfish, arrogant, and the reason
> Russia was able to walk over here and screw with our election process.

Let's expand on this thought.

Our civilization -- and lives -- are governed by food. Do you eat food on a
regular basis? Does your life depend on a regular supply of adequate foods?
If so, what are you doing to provide those foods? How are you directly
involved in providing yourself (never mind others) with a reliable choice of
foods?

And don't forget that John Deere has structured their equipment-embedded
software and user agreements to prevent farmers repairing their equipment
themselves. So you ranch and farm hay near Crane, OR and your tractor breaks
down in the field. Can you wait for the Deere-approved mechanic to come from
wherever to your farm 30 miles east of Burns when the harvest must be
completed immediately? When you spend tens of thousands of dollars on
equipment critical to your life of raising foods, and you know how to fix
that equipment, not being allowed to do so is a very serious issue. And it
affects all of us who don't spend our days hunting and gathering.