[PLUG-TALK] Best place to see Comet Neowise near Portland

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Jul 14 13:10:27 UTC 2020

I've failed twice to see the Neowise comet, due to
clouds and red scattering at pre-dawn and post-dusk.
I did see Jupiter this morning, /extremely/ bright.

I'm not an astonomer, and don't know where the best
"seeing" is at some elevation on public land within
an hour of Portland (including climbing time).
Many public parks are closed at dark.  There is way
too much scattering and haze near Portland, and the
west hills and many parks are forested on the north
side.

Has anyone on this list seen Neowise?  From what
location?

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com