[PLUG-TALK] Violence

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:52:18 PDT 2020

John,
That is a terrible thing.  I am glad that he hit your arm, not your head.
Your question, is any place safe, is certainly appropriate.  Do you suppose
that the passersby knew the culprit?

I just read an opinion piece from the Guardian.  They distinguish between
violence toward property and violence toward people.  They make the case
that only the latter should be considered violence.  Then they offer that
almost all of the violence these last few days has been perpetrated by the
police.  Could be, but you are a survivor who might disagree.

Do you have any reason to associate your attack with the present
conditions?  Why do you suppose that the witnesses did not assist you, or
even speak to you?  Do you have any hope that the culprit will ever be
identified?

I wish you a speedy recovery.

-Denis