[PLUG-TALK] What should I do with all this money? :-)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 5 07:40:33 PDT 2020

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> Sometimes being a dinosaur is a good thing...

They did populate the Earth for quite a long time. My preference for a
text-based MUA (also alpine) is also based on the value of focusing on the
words in the message. For me, e-mail messages are text, just like books are
text, and don't need illustrations or fancy layouts like magazines, comics,
or their longer versions, graphic novels.

Reading plain text in mail, books, newspapers, etc. forces one to use the
words to create accompanying images, if any. This is not the case with TV
and other graphic media which present the images to the viewer; no mental
activity required.

The Friday curmudgeon,