[PLUG-TALK] Hospital phone orders

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Jun 26 01:46:42 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 02:12:27PM -0700, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> So I conclude from what you say that a phone order will not fall under the
> FEMA restriction. If so, then the hospitals can do the same.  They just
> have to use petty cash rather than a P.O.  I bet a clever organization
> could figure out how to get that done.

Phone orders only work for individuals who are not
heavily regulated at the state and federal level.

Hospital purchases are heavily scrutinized; to a first
approximation, there is no "petty cash".  Lawyers circle
like vultures, ready to pounce on any irregularity.
So, no, the hospitals can't bypass the Feds of the state
without attracting a raft of excrement.

Individual doctors in private practice are often in debt,
paying off their college loans twenty years later, so
there isn't as much for the lawyers or the state or the
feds to grab.  These are the people we can help, and can
help us.

With our purchases, we send money to the companies that
make this stuff, so they can buy equipment and materials
to make more.

One of my wife's colleagues, with a multi-doctor practice,
paid tens of thousands of dollars for personal protective
equipment, only to have it seized by the state of Oregon,
without compensation, and stockpiled in a state warehouse.
If the state doesn't grab it, the Feds will.

It is bipartisan f---ing insane these days.

"The punishments will continue until morale improves."

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com