[PLUG-TALK] Decided to trust Bill Gates in what he says about Covid-19

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed May 6 21:21:06 PDT 2020

I've personally been on the wrong side of Bill Gates a
couple of times ... anonymously, fortunately for me.

Bill Gates was an obsessed monster before Melissa and
their children; he made a lot of personality upgrades
after that.  I've read her book "The Moment of Lift",
which describes replacing sexism with collaboration ...
with examples from their marriage.

They take turns driving their son to school.  The days
that he drives, all the other parents take notice - and
the other wives ask their husbands "what's so important
about YOUR job that YOU can't drive our son to school?"

Given where Gates is on his personal journey, I have
little to fear from him now.  He'd probably just chide
me for making suboptimal use of my talents, and ask me
to get busy designing tools to fight COVID-19.

With his Gates Foundation work, he may be doing more
than any other person to fight COVID-19 at the global
scale.  If his 2015 TED talk had been more convincing
(as well as spot-on accurate), the world would already
have the tools to stop COVID in weeks.

Bill Gates has earned my forgiveness, perhaps even my
blessings for who he is now.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com