[PLUG-TALK] Gmail won't deliver mail w/attachments

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 28 01:49:51 UTC 2020

I don't use gmail but my accountant does. Her computers run windows because
the tax software she's required to use require that platform. Since she
switched her e-mail account from frontier.com to gmail.com any attachments
(such as monthly financial reports) to email messages I send to her cause
Google to reject the message because, of course, all attachments are
malware. Sigh.

I've sent PDF, ZIP, and tarball attachments to gmail users without issue, but
I have no idea what to suggest she do to fix this problem

Is there something she can change in gmail to allow attachments?

(She also now has lost the ability to unzip .zip files. I think she's using
windows10 and I haven't a clue what changed.)

TIA,