[PLUG-TALK] Two hardware questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 29 19:05:37 UTC 2020

1. Am I correct that USB hubs are limited in their ability to power multiple
hardware even if they're USB 3.x capable? To use both my webcam (Logitech
C925e) and dynamic microphone (Audio-Technica 2005USB) both need to be
connected to the two front ports on the desktop's case. While I'll not be
using them every day or all day, it would be nice to power them off an
external hub and my 7-port/USB3 hub hasn't enough oomph. Are there such hubs
available?

2. Is there webcam software that allows control over the camera's field of
view? Using wxcam with the chroma-set 52" diameter green screen attached to
the back of my chair the camera captures beyond the sides of the screen. I
would like to limit the field of view if that's possible.

Regards,