[PLUG-TALK] Is CenturyLink blocking my VPN?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Oct 16 05:29:23 UTC 2021

I think I know what is wrong, but not sure yet.

After fiddling and poking at a lot of things, I got it working when I
unplugged the router and then plugged it back in again. It's a D-Link
860L that Russell flashed for me to make it work with CenturyLink when I
first signed up with them. The router has been working fine ever since.
But a few hours after unplugging/plugging in again it quit working
once more. My current guess is that it is failing and needs to be
replaced.

Oh, and my VPN software had been announcing for a long time that there
was a new version, so one of the first things I did was install the new
one. It made no difference.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do about the router. I can't
even remember now why Russell's solution was better than what
CenturyLink would provide me with.

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 00:42:33 -0400
Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com> dijo: