[PLUG] KVM switch recommendations?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Wed Sep 1 15:29:01 UTC 2004

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   To simplify my life and office I'm thinking of purchasing a kvm switch for
> two boxes (one user). Any experienced-based recommendations of brands/models
> to consider -- or avoid?

I bought a Linksys KVM 2K11 from the folks at Pacific Solutions on
Powell, just east of Foster. It's worked well for me. They have
mechanical ones and electronic ones. They recommended against the
mechanical ones if you have a large monitor. I was using a 19" Hitachi
up until a couple of months ago, so went with the electronic. I'm happy
I did: two clicks of the scroll lock key is all it takes to switch from
my Linux box to my Win98 box. No problems in the several months I've had it.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/