[PLUG] CUPS trouble shooting help needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 1 17:08:02 PDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Perhaps CUPS forgot that there are parallel ports and that's why it cannot
> send the data out. The printer definitions specify parallel ports but the
> admin tools don't see them.
>
>   Is there a way to restart parallel ports within the OS?

  More information: I just ran lsmod and see (among other modules):

lp                      7776   0  (autoclean)
parport                33376   0  (autoclean) [lp]

  So, ... why might CUPS be blind to parallel ports on this box?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>