[PLUG] Replacing hard drive

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Sep 2 15:46:02 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

Rich,

I've done exactly what you're going to be doing and it worked flawlessly
... mostly ;-)  The only problems I've ever run into were using an old HD
that was nearly as bad as the one I was replacing (you're safe there);
and getting the master/slave setting wrongs when swapping the drives
around on the controllers.  (Well there was one time with SCSI drives and
I got the IDs wrong but you're doing IDEs so this doesn't apply.)

Good luck,

Rod