[PLUG] Streaming Video on Linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 3 13:12:01 PDT 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Unless the state has stopped listening to Karen Minnis (R, wood village,
> and isn't going to get my vote next month after her anti-open-source
> stupidity), then RealPlayer is all you need.

  You're in her district, too? I must say that she has her good points, too.
Unfortunately, in my opinion at least, all politicians do some things with
which I agree and some things with which I do not at all agree. There will
never be one with whom I'm in complete agreement.

  As I understand the situation explained to me by a colleague, hearings may
or may not be streamed. We're putting in our request and we'll see what
happens.

> RealPlayer cannot play Ogg Vorbis, no.  XMMS, however, can.

  Actually, I thought that to be the case. But, I didn't know what I could
use. Thanks for the pointer.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>