[PLUG] nvidia weirdness

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 4 08:24:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Derek Loree wrote:

> This is one of those "can anyone throw me a clue" weirdnesses.

> Sooo... I reboot, just to see what would happen.  No X-server.  Execute
> the above incantation and it fires up just fine.  This is getting
> annoying (and long winded).

Derek,

  On various systems I've had processes fail to start upon booting. For
example, on my Toshiba Portege networking would not come up. In these
situations I put the initiation command at the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local (or
whatever your local flavor calls it) and it works. It's not elegant but it's
quicker than agonizing over the why and wherefore.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>