[PLUG] What PBX and asterik are all about...

Darkhorse plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Tue Sep 7 06:27:01 UTC 2004

I'm looking for a provider of Linux compatible pci based internal modems
that can answer the phone.  Even a serial modem could work.  Is there
a secret to finding a cheap external modem that works with vgetty?

I'm running into digium and asterisk and something called the Wildcard
X100P.  I'm having a hard time telling what exactly what the Wildcard
X100P is and am wondering also why it costs $100?

It doesn't seem to be rocket science that the common person doesn't
want to buy a $100 pci card to answer the phone with.  Is the
purpose of the Wildcard X100P to do VoIP or something else fancy?

Does PBX infer something that switches phone calls onto other
telecommunications equipment?

     --  Michael Robinson