[PLUG] Re: [Eug-lug] Quick And Dirty Network Profiling

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Wed Sep 8 12:04:02 UTC 2004

Good news!  I believe I'm NOT being abused by spammers.  Deep sigh of
relief:  I'd hate to be part of THAT problem.)  pflogsumm shows
consistent output for those three high-traffic days last month.

My apache logs seem to indicate the problem:  multiple downloads of some
classic guitar MP3s I'm serving by HTTP.  I traced a few of the IPs, and
most seem to come from Japan; so I guess someone has linked the files on
a Jap' Web site somewhere.  Looks like I'll need to activate some HTTP
authentication for those directories.

Many thanks for all your help.  Linux geeks rule!

--Jason V. C.

--
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!