[PLUG] Working my way toward the surface

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed Sep 8 13:02:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    Every time a new message comes in the system speaker beeps and the display
> is messed up. Also, the messages are not properly processed by procmail
> recipes. They all end up in my inbox with no text content and addressed (by
> the MLM) to 'undisclosed recipients'.

I had problems with Pine when I switched to RH 9. The problem turned out
to be that the new system default for text was unicode instead of the
simplier ASCII (or ANSI). Change your environment variable to $LANG=en_US.
THere's a config file somewhere in /etc where this can be done more
properly, but of course, now I can't find my notes.

- Bill Thoen