[PLUG] Working my way toward the surface
rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 8 14:14:01 PDT 2004
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Bill Thoen wrote:
> I had problems with Pine when I switched to RH 9. The problem turned out
> to be that the new system default for text was unicode instead of the
> simplier ASCII (or ANSI). Change your environment variable to $LANG=en_US.
> THere's a config file somewhere in /etc where this can be done more
> properly, but of course, now I can't find my notes.
I'm aware of the LANG problem (UTF8 is the default now instead of en_US).
I ran 'export LANG=en_US" when fighting SpamAssassin to get that working
again, and that's the way it's set when I 'echo $LANG'.
I, too, forget where it's permanently set.
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
More information about the PLUG