[PLUG] Three questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 9 11:29:01 PDT 2004

   1.) How do I debug why RealPlayer no longer provides audio? It used to --
on my Sony Vaio portable -- but now it won't. I just upgraded from
RealPlayer8 to RealPlayer10. I see video but I hear no sounds.

   Running 'aumix' and setting volume and speaker to 100 makes loud speaker
beeps when I press the incorrect key; it makes no difference with a feed to
which I'm trying to listen. I've no idea why it stopped working. This is
slackware-10.0 running.

   2.) What command do I use to invoke firefoz-0.9.3 on the same system? If I
use /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox I don't get a regular browser window open, but
one with a list of icons and options. This was installed from the
firefox-0.9.3 slackware package.

   3.) Anyone running Xfce4? If so, have you figured out how to obtain the
same behaviors that Xfce3 used to provide? Specifically, how do I save the
session so that the same applications open on the same virtual desktops when
I startx?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)