[PLUG] software router

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Thu Sep 9 15:26:02 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I'm trying to make a software based router(with NAT?) that I can
forward all traffic on one port to another machine on another port and
back.  This would be like an invisible proxy.  I would like to be able
to use Java as I need to support 6 different OS's.

Suggestions?  Is there an existing one or can I use something in
Apache.  It appears that apache only forwards HTTP traffic.  I need to
forward all traffic on a particular port.  All I know is that it will
be TCP/IP traffic.  The rest is unknown and could change.

I have found Zebra Router software and started to look into that as a
solution.  Other ideas would help.

Thanks,

Josh