[PLUG] Dumb question du jour

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 9 16:29:02 UTC 2004

   I've tried to specify the monitor resolution as 1260x960[1] but every
application that opens in its own window (e.g,. mozilla, lyx) is huge. The
window frames, menu bar, tool bar and and text (in LyX) are as large as if
the screen resolution is 800x600. The wm is xfce-4.0.6.

   How can I determine at what resolution the screen is running and how can I
specify smaller text in application windows? OK, then. That's two naive
questions, not one.

   So many things on this new system are much different from how they
appeared on the RH 7.3 box displaying on a 19" CRT monitor. I want smaller
menus, smaller text and more of it. At least mozilla lets me adjust the text
display size.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)