[PLUG] Dumb question du jour

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 9 17:11:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Charlie Schluting wrote:

> Only if you're running the latest X (I heard they actually made it work..
> never seen it though). Otherwise, it just "zooms" in and looks really
> really crappy.

Charlie,

   Using ctrl-alt-+ and ctrl-alt-- has worked for years. But, it doesn't tell
me if I'm actually at the highest resolution.

   The problem is not screen resolution, per se, but the huge size of
application window borders. The menu bar and other decorations are very
broad, much more so than on other monitors I've used. Also, when I invoke
the xfce settings the dialog boxes are very large, too.

   Too many little things with which I'd rather not have to deal right now.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>