[PLUG] No partition table for file erasure

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sun Sep 12 19:34:02 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 18:30 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I'm ready to donate one of my redundant systems (as soon as Rob surfaces
> for air)

Air?  How about sleep?  :-)

You're on my list of people I need to send emails to before I sleep
tonight.

IMHO, a dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/hda (and hdb if you have a second
disk) is enough to keep most prying eyes from the data.  But as was said
before, if you want to keep the data out of the hands of the feds,
destruction is your only route.  I'd suggest, personally, the above,
followed by opening the drives and scrubbing the platters with steel
wool, microwaving them, then utilizing the platters as gun targets.

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.