[PLUG] Job Posting: Linux Embedded Software

James Perkins james at loowit.net
Mon Sep 13 17:40:06 UTC 2004

Hi PLUG folk,

My employer (Wind River) has a few openings for experienced Senior
Software Engineer or Member of Technical Staff level. The candidate will
be experienced with Linux inside and out, and also have several year's
skill and experience in the embedded (multiple CPU architectures) or
telecommunications software specialities. Also useful skills are
build/packaging and distribution of Linux systems (think Linux from
Scratch or the like), cross-development toolchains (compilers, loaders),
bootloaders, debugger technologies (think networked debug ala kgdb) and
Linux systems quality assurance (including bug tracking, test systems
design and planning).

We're looking now for highly experienced people. Once those people have
been able to chew on the project for a while we may open up hiring for
folks that might only have experience in one of the above areas -- and
when that happens I'll send out another notice.

For just the right person, employment in Beaverton is possible, with
more options in Alameda, California. We are not able to consider
contract positions for this at this time, only full-time regular
salaried employment.

If you're interested send a resume and cover sheet to
wendy.clappis at windriver.com, or if you'd rather have an informal chat
with me, drop me the information and we'll arrange a time.

Cheers,
James Perkins
james at loowit.net