[PLUG] A aterm issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 14 08:05:03 UTC 2004

   Sigh. Here's another new one. I'm using aterm rather than rxvt or xterm
because 1) they allow pseudo-transparency (and darkening the shade of the
background for better contrast and visibility) and 2) they use fewer
resources than do xterms. (aterm is an authorized derivative forked from
rxvt.)

   What I notice when I use a pager (less) to view a text file is that
whatever prior file I viewed shows up in the virtual terminal above (i.e.,
toward the top of the window) the file I want to view. This is quite
distracting. Has anyone encountered this before?

   It's not that I don't have enough to fix here, but all these little things
keep appearing. Just like Topsie.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>