[PLUG] A LESSer Problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 14 15:17:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Chris Jantzen wrote:

> Use long prompt by default, and try to send stuff through the lesspipe.sh
> script first (which does fancy things like list the insides of a .zip
> file).

   Thanks, Chris. I'll have to read more when I have some time. I never
examined the guts of less, just used it. Guess it's time for some
exploratory surgery.

> Frankly, the error you first listed on the mailing list sounded like a
> termcap/ncurses issue.

   May well be. Any diagnostic tests I can run that would help clarify the
issue?

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>