[PLUG] SQL-Ledger turns over but will not start

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 14 18:37:02 UTC 2004

   Hardly had SQL-Ledger been debugged and running on the old system when
that went away. Rather than try to fix everything (UIDs, GIDs, perms, and so
on) from the restore I decided to upgrade SQL-Ledger (to 2.4.2) and postgres
(to 7.4.5). Built and installed postgres, sql-ledger; installed
apache-1.3.31 from the package. Added the sql-ledger directories to
/etc/apache/httpd.conf, added user 'sql-ledger' to postgres.

   However, when I try to connect via firefox-0.9.3 or opera-7.54 to
http://localhost/sql-ledger/admin.pl I get "Error! No Database Drivers
available!". The new sql-ledger.conf is the same as the old sql-ledger.conf.
I cannot find anything in the sql-ledger manual about troubleshooting this
error. In firefox, if I try to open http://localhost I end up on an
apache.org Web page.

   Has anyone an idea what I mis-configured or missed configuring? Quite
perplexing.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)