[PLUG] Annoucement: Linux Clinic this Saturday
danh at fork.com
Wed Sep 15 10:18:06 PDT 2004
*** Portland Linux User's Group (PLUG) Announcement ***
The Linux Clinic - third saturday of every month
Interested in Linux? Need help installing or configuring Linux? Be
sure to attend the next session of the Linux Clinic.
September 18, 2004
1PM - 4PM
Riverdale High School
9727 SW Terwilliger Blvd,
Portland, Oregon 97219
What to bring:
* Your computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse.
* Any relevant peripherals (printer, modem, etc).
* Your Linux distribution (if you have already installed).
* The manuals for your hardware - especially your monitor manual.
* Volunteers skilled in Linux installation and maintenance.
* The PLUG CD library (including several recent Linux
* T-1 Internet connection
* phone jacks for testing modem and Internet setups.
* Ethernet drops.
* Infocus projector for demonstrations.
* An extra Linux box for experimenting.
* A number of reference materials
For directions to the school see:
For questions regarding the Clinics email Dan Haskell at:
dhaskell at acm.org
For information about PLUG or the Clinics see:
More information about the PLUG