[PLUG] SQL-Ledger Login Help Needed -- SOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 16 09:49:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I'm at a loss what to do. I defined me as a user for sql-ledger.
> /usr/local/sql-ledger/users and ../members are both owned by nobody.nobody
> (the owner of httpd). I can provide the contents of 'members' if that helps.

   Got this fixed. I had not yet set me up as a postgres user (that was far
down the list on the new system), but that was the hangup. When one installs
sql-ledger and creates a user for that name, it does not allow sql-ledger to
create additional postgres users through the sql-ledger interface. It all
must be done from the command line as user postgres.

Excelsior!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>