[PLUG] organizing notes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 16 13:15:03 PDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Bill Thoen wrote:
> In the old days, sea captains and scientists kept logs or notebooks, and
> documented their work in chronological order. We still have many of these
> notes today, and they are still accessable to the naked eye. I used to use
> Word star, but those notes are long gone, dust in the wind.

   Also in the old days of DOS I used a TBMS (Textbased Management System)
called InfoSelect that let me enter random notes and retrieve them by
sequential character matches. Very powerful program. Never found a full-text
index system like this in linux. Unfortunately, it stopped working on a
dosemu upgrade. Perhaps it's time to try again. Real Soon Now, that is.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>