[PLUG] organizing notes

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Thu Sep 16 17:23:02 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 12:09:09PM -0700, Josh Orchard wrote:
> What I'm trying to come up with is a way to sort and organize those
> notes.  I would like to make them a DB and web base accessed.  I could
> design one but wondered if any of you have ever come across a tool
> that helps you organize such things?  Currently I have a text file on
> my desktop called notes.txt.  I can read it from windows/*nix machines
> but it seems very crude and I can't read it when I'm away from those
> machines and have to keep multiple copies.

Inspired by Adam Shand, PTP and others I use a wiki.

Web accesible, web editable, full text search available by default with
most models.

Check http://www.spack.org/wiki/AdamShand (search for an item of interest
  or browse recent changes) for a great example.

Adam refers to it as his "thinking space."

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity