[PLUG] CVS -- list all files not in the repository

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.com
Fri Sep 17 07:47:02 PDT 2004

>   cvs -n update | grep ^\? > newfiles.txt

Hi Galen et al.,

The problem is that cvs is not giving me the '? newfile.ext' line.  On
other projects it has, so I hacked it together as above.

However, the fact that on this project (different cvs versions?
different flags?) it doesn't bother to complain about unknown files
means I want to adopt the canonical method, lest in future I forget
about some file.

I could write a find -exec with some grepping and piping, but invoking
cvs for every single file seems silly.

Randall