[PLUG] Flushing print queue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 17 09:30:03 PDT 2004

   I'm at the stage of testing the CUPS-1.1.20 printing system on the new box
(Slackware-10.0). Copied over /etc/cups/printers.conf and the related files.
Can see all printers with both /usr/sbin/printers and
http://localhost:631/admin.

   I sent a test page from the Web page to the laser printer for each of its
configurations[1]. Only the postscript/duplex version came out. All jobs are
in /var/spool/cups.

   With the former Red Hat system this was a symptom of the parallel port
device being stuck. I'd kill that process and cups would again print. This
is not the case now.

   What diagnostic tools are available to me? The configuations are correct
for the printer.

Thanks,

Rich

[1] There is the default definition, 'laser5', an explicit single-side
definition, 'laser5_non_ps' and the duplex printing 'laser5_ps'. The first
two are using the HP LaserJet 5 ppd while the latte uses the HP LaserJet 5M
ppd.

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)